Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

How do I pack for China?

It's not like a trip to grandma's. It's not even like a trip across a few states, or even the country. Traveling to China is going some 6,847 miles! That's across the United States about two and a half times!

How does one pack for this foreign country. The customs are different, the food is different, and the people are different. What to I put into the suitcase? Definitly NOT a suit.

I'm going carry on. One bag is my motto. (www.onebag.com) Well, maybe two bags.

I bought one of these bags that measure 7x14x21, a multiple of seven. Airline regulations is all sides must equal 45 inches. It's got a shoulder strap, handles, and backpack straps. It carries about 2000 cubic inches of stuff.

I made luggage tags from business cards and brought them down to OfficeMax to laminate. They actually have business card luggage tag lamination. They stick your business card into a sleeve, run it through a machine, and it comes out, well, laminated. It even has slot for the plastic loop that they supply to attach it to the luggage. Just 97 cents each! That's cheap. I'm trying to save money you know. I'm going to China. Did I mentioned that?

The heaviest stuff in my bag has got to be the camera, iBook, and China travel guide. China travel guide? Yeah, well, China is a big country and needs a big book.

...dave
"Time is a circus, always packing up and moving away." -Ben Hecht

Comments on "How do I pack for China?"

 

post a comment